So I'm sitting here typing this while waiting for the Men's hockey final to start. Somehow I'm living "in the future" but the game start is delayed. I know most of you are up and watching this - GOOD MORNING! Let's take it Team Canada!! I apologize in advance if my thoughts seem disorganized - blogging, watching the game and replaying the game via whatsapp with you folks back home... I fear my multitasking skills have deteriorated...
The week started off slow... Monday, I was bored and seriously debating if I should go back to work and make some money rather than sitting on my behind doing nothing. Tuesday, Sosan and I went on a day road trip out to Lorne to chill out on the beach. It wasn't the best weather for the beach but I still enjoyed myself, nonetheless. The Great Ocean Road is breathtaking regardless of the weather. We hit up an amazing fish and chip shop on the way home for some fresh grilled fish. To die for!
Wednesday, Lachie, Tess, Qibo and I hit up the Queen Vic night market and it was awesome. Minus the rain. Summer is almost officially over on this side of the world... Where has time gone? As much as I love Autumn (what they call the Fall season),, I am just not ready for summer to end. The 40 degree weather days were definitely tough to deal with at first but I love the heat - the hotter the better! The one plus of being here for Autumn? Fall fashion!! Anyhoo, the night market was amazing - offering foods of all sorts and from many different countries. I had my first kangaroo patty and it was delicious! Some of you may cringe in disgust but kangaroo is super lean and very high in protein. It was great to catch up with these guys since we seem to have conflicting schedules all the time. Looking forward to moving back into this full house!
Benny found us a new dinner spot on Thursday - organic soup and Japanese cafe - no stress, no reservations; just good food and great company! The Ute (what we would call a truck) got stuck in the parkade and ended up costing $60 for over park?! Guess what Calgary, I have found a city that charges more for parking! I don't know if that's really a win...
Friday, I defied the logic of Melbn' living crossed the Yarra river to party on the south side. Yes friends, you were right. I am totally a south side girl = the entire vibe screamed MEEEEE! It was nice to catch up with this group of friends. I hadn't realized how much work nights was cramping my style until I was told the last time we saw each other was Halloween. Crazy. And here we were at the bar, wishing Sam well as he makes his way up the coast in his camper van. Soon to be yours truly, but in a much smaller vehicle.
White Night took over the city on Saturday evening - a 12 hour event, from dusk til dawn with live music, art exhibits and mainly light exhibitions. The streets were packed with people and I mean packed! I have been to Vegas for New Years Eve a handful of times and the crowds don't compared. Granted, the streets of Melbourne's CBD are much more narrow; it still felt the entire city was out to enjoy this unique event. There were various light shows on some of the major buildings; still and moving image art exhibits in lane ways, not to mention the random street shows. It was incredible. I was in absolute awe of the creativity and the intricate details which must have been considered in planning such a massive event.
Today, I awoke to wonderfully pleasant news! I am an auntie again - welcoming Stella Baretta into the world! After sending away some excited text exchange with hubby (yes, Tee is hubby and I'm wifey, even though she is the one with the baby!) I took advantage of the great weather we were blessed with - it has been the the first time all week, we have had a proper summer day. I was planning on spending the day in the park either reading or writing; neither of which, I have done much of lately. But when a friend rang up and wanted to catch up, I couldn't say no. So we ended up, you guessed it, at the beach! Not before grabbing a coffee on a patio and shopping at the St. Kilda summer market first.
So to answer many questions of what I do with my time, the above should give you an indication that life here is great :) each day, I plan something small and the rest of the day just slips away. Tomorrow, I'm planning to go snap some photos of Melb's infamous graffiti. I have been putting this off for so long... Procrastination really knows no bounds! Only a few more days until the bestest gets here. Going to be some full on days we are going to have so I can show her the wonderful life I have been living the last 5 months.
5 months is the longest I have been away from home... With all the travelling that is approaching, the home sickness I once felt has been replaced with utter excitement! Feels like it's been ages since I have been on a plane and felt that elation from exploring a new city. I think this is a 'high' I will be forever chasing. Travel, it really is my drug of choice!
Time to focus my attention on the game. Check back for pics! I will post once Canada takes that gold medal :)
X
As promised, pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment