Bestie was here last week to visit and I had a blast! There's nothing like sharing my adventure and this part of my life with someone the people I care about - somehow makes the experience that much more real. Thank you for coming to see me love! I missed you dearly; I hope you had as much fun as I did. I'm so happy to have someone vouch for the wonderful life I have over here and how you (and I quote) "understand why you wouldn't want to come home!" <3 That and the cold Melb'n days! I'm not a sissy... Debbie can attest to that. We had some full on days in Melb'n; squeezing in as much site seeing as possible in the three short days D was here. St. Kilda for the Twilight Market and then to see the penguins; brunch, shopping, karaoke, more brunch, Queen Vic Market and of course, my favourite spot!
The 5 days we spent in Tasmania were just as, if not more, full on. We flew into Launceston and spent 1.5 days there - shopping, hiking, wineries, exploring, getting lost on the highway at night without my glasses. Good and scary times! Tasmania was a great place for me to practice driving and despite our scare the first night (curse you inconspicuous round about), I think I did pretty well. The towns we visited in Tassie were breathtaking; each more picturesque and beautiful than the last. St. Helen's, Wineglass Bay, Coles Bay... I wish we had more time. Unfortunately the 5 days went by way too quickly and before I knew it, we were bidding each other a tearful goodbye at Southern Cross station. We met some really awesome people on our adventurea. Most memorable was the couple at Messina (the famous Sydney gelato creation and the best I have ever had by the way! And I have been to Italy!) on Debbie's last night in Melb'n. We sat and chatted with them for well over an hour - they definitely lived up to the Aussie stereotype of being friendly az. Love it!
I'm officially moving out of my flat on Thursday :( I am going to miss this place; my awesome neighbours, Matt and I's living dynamic. We both spent the weekend at home - he was sick and I wanted to enjoy this flat before I move. We were also both saving our energy for Future Music Festival, which was yesterday. 35 scorching degrees and countless amazing DJ's! Needless to say, was a fabulous day - Martin Garrix, R3HAB, Pharrell, Kaskade, Macklemore, Rudimentals and who I was most hyped to see, Hardwell! The best part of Future besides Hardwell was the guy in a wheel chair, crowd surfing. As you've read in my previous posts, my love for music festivals extends, perhaps, beyond my love for popcorn. YES! That is a lot of love! Whenever people come together for one cause, I get overwhelmed with emotion, and witnessing this, while hearing one of my favourite DJ's was, well, pure bliss. I wish I captured that moment but I was too in awe of the situation to do anything but throw my hands up in the air and cheer.
It's a public holiday today - Labour Day and the city was more hustle and bustle than it usually is on a Monday. This week, I'll be busy trying to sort my life out via suitcases; separating my Fiji suitcase, from my Brisbane suitcase to the stuff I am sending home with Allan and the rest of my amazing friends who have offered spared space in their own luggage - you guys are total life savers :) Decisions, decisions! I am lucky enough to have a place to crash in between my trips - thanks again Tessa, Lachie & Qibo for taking me back in. I feel like a permanent couch fixture over there.
This is quite a short post with not much content. I just burnt a batch of Oreo and Smartie cookie bars and trying to fan out the scent of my lacking Martha Stewart skills. Before I sign off though, wanted to wish Tony a very Happy dirty 30! Can't believe you're Poppa Tiger now! And a Happy Birthday to Phunginator - you're only as old as you feel :)
As always, wishing you all lots of love! I'm off to Fiji on Friday for 5 days so won't be posting until I'm back for fashion week. Let the jet setting begin <3
X,
Miss J








Hope you're having a blast jen! Miss Ya
ReplyDeleteMiss you too, D!! xo
Delete