Friday, June 26, 2009

J & M do Carrefour!

Bonjour!! So here we are in Golfe Juan, which is about 10 minutes to Nice, France. Our second roadtrip of the entire trip was more entertaining than the first as we anticipated crossing the board from Italy to France (we were highly disappointed as this consisted of a single sign, a red line and ML announcing, we are now in France - dead silence!) Golfe Juan will be our home away from home for the next 4 weeks and in exchange for ML's amazing hospitality, M and I decided we would trade our wively duties in exchange. No, no not like that sickos. Wively duties as in cooking and cleaning. This not only allows us to save money to spend (um, hello Milan!!. As much as I enjoyed the pasta, pizza and gelato in Italy, I want you guys to be able to recognize me when I come home!! The bakeries on every street corner do not help here either. I had my first pain au chocolait yesterday which basically looks like a croissant filled with chocolate. It was sooo good! I have not mentioned their nutella fixation here in Europe but it's EVERYWHERE. It comes in chocolate pieces, industrial size and basically everything you can imagine.

With that in mind, we headed to Carrefour to do some grocery shopping. When ML said large, we expected Wal-Mart / Target large. Oh this was far from!! This place was ginormous! A three way hookup (don't mind the references, I have been reading Tucker Max, damnit!) between Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart and Superstore. After an hour and a half of walking and contemplating, we made it through 1/3 of the store and got the necessities of survival - booze, light snacks, veggies and chicken. After unloading groceries (like good housewives) we went exploring. We saw the Nice / Cannes skyline and wow, speechless. We then chilled at the beach and I am seriously contemplating relocating to somewhere closer to a beach bc Sylvan Lake has nothing on this place! The beach was awesome and of course of all ppl, I attract some crazy mosquitoes and now I look like I'm growing another limb from my elbow.

M and I awoke this morning to the sun peaking through the shades and hit the beach around 10 am. That's right, life is rough for us! We scope out a prime spot near the water and quickly notice that tops are an optional accessory at this beach. There was a great abundance of leather ladies, as we like to call them. That's right, ladies who love their purses that much that they decide they want to tan and look just like them! Everyone knows I heart LV but not that much! M and I quickly lathered on the SPF 50 and swore on our unborn children that we would not let each other resemble any type of leather good. After a rough morning in the sun, we headed back to the pad and kicked it in the hammock for the remainder of the day. I definitely have to get myself one of those. It started to rain the latter part of the afternoon and I had the best nap EVER in that hammock.

Tomorrow we are off to Monaco to kick off my birthday festivities. Although, I do not anticipate getting nearly as rowdy as I did in Calgary (thanks again for the great early bday celebration!), it should be ridiculous. M and I have accumulated so many crazy stories and wish we had a voice recorder instead of trying to recap everything on paper or in Word the next day.

Hot man update: wooooooo! France is a much better place to scope out hotties than in Italy. I have seen 3 guys that are 7+ on the hot scale. That being said, their faces are covered by their huge sunglasses (Europe = land of aviators) so their hotness is solely rated on the ripping 6 packs! Woot. Hehe.









Hope everyone has a great weekend! We are off to tourist street to hit up some pubs.
Au revoir!

J

2 comments: