Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello 2014!

Hope you all welcomed the New Year in some fabulous way. It is believed that how and who you spend New Years with is how you spend the rest of your year - if that is in fact a reality, I will be downing heaps more champagne with hell to pay the next day! And if the past few days are any indication of how the rest of the year will go, I am in for some beast mode workouts, weekend trips and a ton of laughs - I could not ask for more!

I missed the Crew's annual snowboarding trip this year - sad I wasn't there to celebrate with you guys but loved all the pics and so happy you got some fresh powder. I do miss the sound of the edge of my board cutting into fresh snow but the sound of waves crashing against the shore is definitely not a bad replacement. Life is good.

We rented a house out in Dresden for a belated New Years celebration since most of us spent New Years doin' our own thang. It was an older house, surrounded by much ritzier looking mansions. Luckily, it's not necessarily where you are but who you are with. Ben played guitar while Shauna was bangin' on her Cajon, playing some classic hits - good times. Learned how to kick and pass a footy. Not a football, but a footy; youtube if you're unsure as to what it is! We went blueberry picking and hit up Ocean Grove beach on our way back to the city. Minus the wind, it was a perfect day :)

This post is going to be a short and sweet one - struggling with my creativity this week. Off to Sydney tomorrow! Excited to finally check out some more of this beautiful country. Booked flights to Tasmania for the bestest and I. The countdown is on until we are reunited! Only 48 days left :)

Travel is in full force for the next few months. To give you an idea of what's going on and for those who want to meet up on any lag of my journey:
- January and February: staying put in Melbourne to make some dough
- March: Tasmania, Fiji and Brisbane
- April: up the coast I go. Roadtrip for the win!
- May: Sydney
Then I'm probably off to Asia - Hong Kong, Singapore, Bali and hopefully Shanghai

People always tell me how lucky I am to have had this year off. And although I don't deny that I am truly blessed, this statement irritates me in the sense that people are saying this as if they are helpless in their life. I made this decision; I saved up the money; I moved my ass here! Sure, I get that everyone has their own extenuating circumstances which dictate how they live their lives and may be limited on their choices, but at the end of the day, the choices we make are our own. For as long as I can remember, I have tried to live by:

Live the life you love;
Love the life you live

Over the last 5 years, I have developed a growing impatience for people who complain about their circumstances without any action to change it. We all complain but I have limited attention span if the conversation seems to be put on repeat. If I have to put up with the same complaint for the 923465 time, you will have to deal with my eye rolling; kapeesh?! Life is too short to sit there and wish for this and that. Get up, get out there and go get it! Some people (some even very close to us) wish they had something as simple as their health to have the options we have...



No comments:

Post a Comment